Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Road Trip Home, Vision of the Past.

Well I am back to start a running log of many of my finished poetry pieces. Today, I actually went to church Twice, but that is besides the point, the subject which was spoken of in my ward (Pleasant Grove 1st) was on Temples and how important they are. as this was being told, I let my mind wonder, to the places of old, I realized how much I love just sitting in this place, a quiet place while spiritual. one of the things my mind went back to was one of my poems that I had read again only a few days earlier.

The Road Trip Home
~by Elder David Shamo

Here we sit watching the day rush on like a lightning bolt with its eye-blinding flash, with its cracking sound of the words "Plase come back and visit soon, my sons and daughters", on our way home from the House of the Lord. Such overwhelming peaceful love ; His spirit soaking us to the very fiber of our humble souls. It is as though a sponge of life is catching all the cleansing teardrops of our hearts. As we watch the peaceful sight of freedom and understanding fade away like the sun setting beneath the unseen mountains, we look round about us. Friends, we see, in this, a once-in-a-lifetime experience, here to stay in our hearts for eternity.


This poem was a story of when I was on my mission, we where living in Malvern AR, and we went to the New temple in town, okay so we had to take a little drive (3 hrs) to Memphis to the temple there. on the way back we where all sitting in the back of a small pick-up singing hymns and telling stories, there was two sets of elders and one set of sisters. That night was raining and filled with light as each strike of lightning traveled a crossed the dark sky. it was amazing and we where there to witness this show. I found great love from the sky that night, as we missionaries where filled with the joy that only comes after visiting our Fathers Holy Temple.



No comments:

Post a Comment