Saturday, June 27, 2009

One of the Best days of the Year.

Today, was one of those days that you just do not forget. I got off work at 0700 (that is 7am to those non-military types) and went home only to get dressed into some more relaxed clothing. I was ready to go around 0800 and then got on my most addicting game I play "Farm Town". We were out the door by 0915 and headed up to Salt Lake City.
Shelena, Les and I went up to visit Scott's Family, the girls were going to be hanging out while Scott and I with Hyrum, Rachel, and Kaitlyn went up to Lagoon for a day of fun. I must say as the kids get older it is getting to be more and more fun going on rides with them, as well as watching them find thier own enjoyment in each new ride that they want to try out. Now as you all know the girls are twins, however Rachel was just barely tall enough to go on some rides as Kaitlyn was tall enough by a few inches. As I am still only a outsider to the Scott Shamo Family, I do feel as part of the family, being able to be there, and them wanting me to go on rides with them. This ofcourse makes me feel wanted, and happy to be so close to them. 1400 came around and I was hitting my exhaustion stage, wanting only to take a break and rest, I have found I am not as lively as I once was. We got some lunch and headed up to get some dessert, there I found myself falling asleep on the benches, as Rachel was Meowing at me. the more I fell asleep the louder Rachel got, I felt like I had an alarm clock that knew that you were going back to sleep and had to get louder and more annoying to keep you from going back to sleep. (some one should come out with one of those alarmclocks, they would get a lot of business).
Around 1645 to 1700 we arrived back at Scott's house where some of us passed out for alittle bit, and others like myself found that he had no feeling in his leg (this is my right leg I am talking about, the one that has been injured for the passed two weeks now and the doctors do not know what it is or how to treat it). My leg was swollen up and Brenda put some ice on it to help with the swelling and I did not even feel the ice. I kept the ice on/off for the 20 - 30 mins on and off that is recommended. while icing my leg, some of us played Clue (a new version) and then Settlers to finish up the night.
Like I said, a lot of fun and I would not miss it for the world. I just wish that I did not have to go back to work tonight for yet another all nighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment