Monday, November 30, 2009

Milwaukee ~ My Vacation 8th Night

8th Day Tues. Nov 10th

Well today was a little change of pace. I was doing a lot of calling this morning to get my test rescheduled and Shelena got up early (with my help) to check us in for our flight home. Once all of this was done I came out from the bedroom and everyone was quiet so much that I had to ask what was going on. Peter answered telling me that he just lost his job. My heart dropped and I was unable to find any words to say. Soon after the news we went to “Holy Hill”. Holy Hill is one of the highest spots near Milwaukee and on top of it stands a Catholic church. I must say it was amazing to go in and look around. There was a lot of beautiful craftsmanship and yet I could not help to think if this place is so sacred, why was it possible for a handful of non-Catholics to come in and start taking pictures of everything we wanted.

I know that if there is someone truly seeking for help, God will be there to help. As for Holy Hill I am glad that we got to go and see the site. We returned home and started to pack so that we could focus on playing games and enjoying our last night here. Shelena went to take a nap and I played a game with Peter and Cynthia.

Later on Peter left to go to a meeting and when he got back there was a noticeable change in his countenance. It was a moment that only those there could see. Wow! We finished out the night playing games. I did get to stay up a while and talk with Cynthia like the old days, it was life changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment